Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A Cruise to Alaska


About a month ago my family and I landed in the port of Seattle from an eight day cruise to Alaska. It was truly an amazing experience that I will never forget. I encourage you all to cruise on up there if possible. Unlike other cruises, our trip was very active. We didn't just lay out on the deck tanning, drinking (well maybe), and eating like gluttons all day. We stopped in four ports:

1. Juneau, AK
2. Sitka, AK
3. Ketchikan, AK
4. Victoria, B.C

In Juneau, we went on a helicopter ride and went dog sledding on a glacier. In Sitka, we visited a rehabilitation center for bald eagles, falcons, and owls. In Ketchikan we flew in a sea plane and landed in a fjord (definitely the highlight of the trip).

1 Comments:

Blogger Speedmaster said...

Looks like a great trip! I've always wanted to try dog sledding. Closest I got was once owning a Husky. ;-(

I bet the bald eagles were fun to see too.

Chris

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home