Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Home Brewing

Recently, and for the first time, I've been brewing my own beer (an IPA). Now I know that many of my avid readers may not have an aquired taste for beer, however I must say that the entire experience has been both fun and educational. For those aristocrats who prefer wine (LISA) , you can participate too. You can make both beer and wine in the comfort of your home and save yourself quite a bit of money. I bought a recipe for a little less than $30 that produced 5 gallons of beer. I bottled forty-five 16 ounce bottles. For you math majors out there, that's around $0.66 a beer. And this is fine beer we are talking about. Not your domestics such as Budweiser, Budlight, Coors, etc. I encourage you all to brew your own beer or wine that reflects your personality and character. Here is a link for beer and here is a link for wine. I will let you all know how my beer turns out. I have about one more week before it is ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home